Top 6 Things You Need To Know About RMAF This Year – RMAF 2015
Like most years, Rocky Mountain Audiofest 2015 was a full-featured, press-filled hostess crème cake of an event. The product launches were hot and the CanJam room nearly required a heavy jacket to traverse due to the air conditioning running full steam. Below are a few of the main takeaways from this year’s illustrious audio get together.
6. The local guys from Ayre (the manufacturer behind Neil Young’s Pono DAP) build a listening room with a visual theme each year. This year the theme was “recording studio”.
Hint: That is not real stone on the far wall.
5. Planar Magnetic headphones got a new set of flagships.
4. There was an audiophile tip-of-the-hat towards mobility and high end listening.
3. The need for true entry-level loudspeaker rigs was both acknowledged and highlighted.
2. Manufacturers that you might not expect are taking advantage of the growing vinyl movement within first-timers and non-audiophiles.
1. A new set of Elac speakers hitting the market and everybody was talking about them.